Photobucket           Photobucket         Photobucket           Photobucket

Friday, June 8, 2012

Get Fit Fridays!

Everyone has something that they are self conscious about. Mine happens to be my weight. I was always the "bigger" girl. When I was younger, I would get made fun of for being fat and was called some pretty mean names. As I got older, the teasing stopped, but the idea that my body wasn't good enough never did. My freshman year of college, I kicked myself into gear and lost 30 pounds, which made a huge difference. I wasn't out of breath walking to class and I felt great! Then I began to slip out of my routine. I didn't get to the gym and I started eating out more, which caused me to put a lot of the weight back on. I'm ashamed that I worked so hard last year, and now I've just gone backwards. I'm stuck almost in the same exact spot I was before: motivated, but not motivated enough to do anything about my weight. My famous saying is "I'll do it tomorrow", but when tomorrow comes, I don't do it. I'm tired of not following through with what I want to accomplish when it comes to losing weight.


That's why I decided that every Friday, I want to dedicate a post to getting healthier. I want to talk about my journey through this because that way, I can look back and when it gets tough, I can motivate myself.  I want to become a healthier person all around, which is why these posts will be titled Get Fit Fridays! Each week, I will set small goals for myself as well as talk about other health related topics that are on my mind. This is not turning into a health blog, trust me. I can only go on about being healthy for so long, which is why I'm only doing one post a week about it. Mostly, this is so I can feel some accountability. Publishing what I'm doing to the public means that others know what I'm doing and I'm not doing this alone.


{via}

My Weekly Goals for Next Friday (MWG)


1. Track my calorie intake every day this week. 
(I've used the site My Fitness Pal. It's a great site. Add me as a friend! )
2. No eating out this week. Period.
3. Cut down to 2 sodas/sugary drinks this week. 
4. Consume at least 2 L of water every day. 
(This one is going to be harder for me, since I don't drink as much water as I should.)


My Monthly Goal (To be completed by July 8th)


1. Lose 10 pounds.
(I only want to have one monthly goal because most of my goals are going to be my weekly goals that I place for myself.)


Here's to a new, healthier me. Until next Friday.


2 comments: