Photobucket           Photobucket         Photobucket           Photobucket

Monday, November 14, 2011

Forgiveness

"You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let God do the rest."

There has to have been a time when you have done something that you regretted. Maybe it was a missed opportunity or something that you did that was wrong. After you do something you regret, you have to live with the consequences. Some people don't know how to do this. Instead of facing what they did, they blame others. They make up excuses for what they've done. Really, the reason why you have to deal with the consequences is because you were the one that made the decision in the first place. If you can't deal with them, then you don't recognize that what you did was wrong.

This weekend for me could be sumed up in three words: stressful, emotional, and disappointing. I made some decisions that I am not proud of. Decisions that I now have to face the consequences of. But I am doing just that. I hurt someone that I loved and I'm not proud of it. I stooped down to a level that isn't who I am. Even though I have made these poor decisions, I am facing up to it. I have told the truth and I am seeking forgiveness. I've done all I can do. Now the only thing left is to wait and see what is suppose to happen. If this person loves me as much as I love them, I have faith that things will fall back into place. I also have faith that God will lead me in the right direction. The important thing is that I have learned from my mistake and if anything, I have grown as a person from this experience. I know that I am able to be honest with people and also that I can admit to when I am wrong.

Try to forgive those that recognize when they are wrong. Admitting you are wrong is one of the hardest things in this world to do, so if someone admits to you that they were wrong, take the time to forgive them. In the end, you will be a stronger person for being able to realize that sometimes people make mistakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment