Photobucket           Photobucket         Photobucket           Photobucket

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

One Year.

I met my boyfriend {Aaron} my freshman year in college. We lived in the same residence hall and I had seen him around campus and thought he was just the cutest. You might say that I had a little crush on him. There was just something about him that made me want to get to know him. He heard about me and we started texting, but had never met each other formally. After about a week of texting, we actually met each other.  Looking back to when we first met, I never thought we would date. The whole thing  was pretty embarrassing for me ( A story for a later date) and after the night we met, we stopped talking. The embarrassment went away and soon, I could laugh about it. I figured it was just a "live and learn" experience and never expected what happened next. About a month after we met, Aaron started talking to me again and we decided to hang out. I was so nervous and afraid of making a fool out of myself again. But to my surprise, everything went perfectly. The next day, we were dating. I was in shock, but in a good way. That was exactly one year ago today, June 19th, 2011. 



It's hard to believe that we've been dating for one whole year. It seems like yesterday when I was crushing on him and now, here we are. We've had our hard times, but going through those have only made us stronger as a couple.


{via}

Some people may not have experienced love yet. And honestly, no one has a universal definition of it. What is love? Is it being able to put aside someone's faults and care more about their strengths? Is it just being happy with a person? I don't have an answer that will satisfy everyone, but I have an answer for myself. 

I believe that love: 

❥ Is something that you feel inside your heart and when you feel it, you just know.
❥ Can be felt more than once and in different ways, which is why you should never be ashamed when you think back to past loves.
❥ Is relative. No one should judge another relationship because they have no idea what makes up that relationship. 
❥ Is made to be so complicated, when in reality, it is so simple.


I've thought I was in love before. But right now, in this moment with Aaron, I have so much more than I've ever had in a relationship and I can say that I love him. I'm with someone who I know loves me and cares about me. And honestly, I've never had that before. He tells me how amazing of a person I am and notices things about me that no one has ever pointed out before, like the little curl in my smile when I truly smile. He can read me like a book, knowing when I'm upset before I even tell him. He is dorky, funny, and knows exactly what to do to make me smile. He is someone who mirrors me in many important ways but still is his own individual. I could go on all day about all the things that he does for me and he deserves that. He has done so much for me that he doesn't even realize, which is why this post today is dedicated to him.


{via}
I know there are people out there who are cynical about love. The best advice I could give to these people is this. 


{via}

 Love is about letting your guard down with someone and trusting that they won't hurt you. It doesn't have to be romantic. Any kind of  love is great.


I love you, Aaron. Thank you for all the memories, laughter, tears, and kisses + the many years to come for us.


Happy one year!





1 comment: