Photobucket           Photobucket         Photobucket           Photobucket

Monday, November 5, 2012

Big Ideas and Big Plans

It's been terribly too long since I last posted. I miss this. I miss blogging. And I know that I want to make it a part of my every day life. So my goal from now on is to do just that. 

There have been so many changes in the past couple of months. 


I got bangs and I dyed my hair! (it's ombre)
I absolutely love it! I dyed my hair a couple of weeks ago, and then my friend Katelyn came to visit. We woke up on Saturday morning and were talking about how we wanted to do our hair for that night (obviously, these things take a lot of planning). We then made a quick decision to go get bangs! 


We both had always wanted them, but were always to afraid to make the change. So together, we just did it without second guessing ourselves. I feel like it was a pretty good decision.
A lot of people have told me, "I didn't even recognize you!" and I like that. I like making a change that makes me look different (in a good way of course).

Other than the changes with my hair, I've also settled into my apartment. Things didn't start off so good, including our landlord not paying our electric bill, resulting in our electricity beginning turned off. Of course, he claimed that only one month had gone unpaid, but there is no way that they would turn it off after only one month. It must have gone about 2 or 3 months without being paid. Not to mention that on top of this, it took a month for my roommate and I to get a working oven. The stove top worked, but the oven did not. After 4 weeks of calling my landlord, dealing with a used stove dealer (I didn't even know those existed) and two broken stoves later, we finally got a working stove/oven. STILL after all this, we came home one night from volleyball and our door handle was broken, which we think happened as someone was trying to break in. We called the police, filed a report and called our landlord the next day to have him come and fix the door handle. He never even bothered to call back, so we just fixed the door ourselves. I was astonished by the fact that he didn't even call us back. After all this ridiculous unnecessary hassle, I decided that I couldn't live in this house next year. I love my roommate, and I really do like all the work we put into it, but I just can't deal with a landlord like this. So, now I'm trying to find a place to live in for next fall. It's really weird how around here, college students starts looking for places so early. Everyone signs leases almost a year before they actually start. So right now, a lot of people are signing a lease that starts in September of 2013. I don't even know what I am going to be doing next week, so it's hard to commit to something that is so far in advance. 

As for school, the nursing program is going GREAT. I love all of my professors and the information that we are learning about is a really good basis for what's to come. I think next semester is going to be super crazy, so stay tuned for that. 
{via}

Life is all around good right now. 

{via}

So maybe you are wondering, "What's the big idea and plans??" Well, I've always wanted to open a shop on Etsy and I think I am finally going to do it! I'm super excited. It will take a little while to get everything together and organized, but I'm going to start seriously working towards being able to sell my crafts on there. I will be selling my knitted goods (scarves, dishcloths, etc.) and also jewelry that I make. I will probably show some of the items on here, so make sure you give me your opinion! Also, if you have any tips for me, let me know! I can use all the help I can get :)

I will be a busy, busy girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment